replacing glow worm mastermind programmer and adding stat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've got a 20 odd year old open vented heating system running from an ideal mexico cf 40/60. i've been thinking of replacing the boiler under the scrappage scheme but following advice on here i'm going to keep the old boiler but update my controls.

i want to replace the programmer (glow worm mastermind) with a siemens rwb29 programmer. I think this should be straight forward as the backplate and wiring are the same as the glowworm.

My problem though is that i want to add a room thermostat as we currently don't add one. I'd like to add a wireless model - does anyone have any recommendations of a good unit at a reasonable price. Also, are they easy to wire in? The wiring at the moment goes from the programmer into a junction box which then seems to go to the pump and the boiler (i can post some pics if needed).

Thanks

Rob

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back