Replacing honeywell T40(T6360B) thermostat for wireless stat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am replacing a honeywell room stat T40 (T6360B) for a honeywell Wireless Room Stat R6660D. My question is I have four wires :-

1 = red (Live)
2 = Blue (neutral)
3 = Yellow (Switched Live)
Earth = Earth.

I dont think the new stat needs an earth or Neutral, can you confirm on which pins on the new stat I connect the live and switched live or correct me if I am wrong about earth and neutral?

also posted in plumbing forum.

Thanks
Martin

Sponsored Links
Thanks , I just wanted to be 100% sure as it has been a long time since I looked at cct diagrams.

I think Live is terminal A and switched B on the new stat
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Whoops

I apologise :oops: :oops:

I didn't read the OP properly, its a wireless stat so the transmitter does indeed need a neutral, live and switched live.

One hour of self-flagellation coming up for TTC!

Hi, I am even more confused now. I have a 7 day timer in the airing cupboard controlling hot water and radiators individually,its the room stat at the bottom of the stairs I am replacing so it is just controlling room temperature wherever I put the wireless control.

The reason I was unsure about teh neutral was because of this post :-

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=40996

Thanks

There are all sorts of programmers and timers requiring different wiring.

The one you have bought is supposed to have the receiver (relay box) fitted near the wiring box for the system and wired instead of your present thermostat (but not in the same place as the thermostat although it would appear that the wiring is compatible).
This would normally be near the boiler or tank area - again, depending on the system.

Once fitted the boiler integral timer will have to be set to permanently on
or the present external programmer/timer replaced by the receiver

The thermostat/programmer can be placed anywhere you want.

You may have bought something which is not quite what you thought it was.
It is not meant to have the receiver on the living room wall, for example.

I have a 7 day timer in the airing cupboard controlling hot water and radiators individually,its the room stat at the bottom of the stairs I am replacing
You need to fit the relay box near the programmer but just wire as the thermostat and then set the present programmer to 'central heating permanently on'.

The present thermostat wiring will be redundant.

Then you can have the transmitter anywhere you want.

Not quite - it should be somewhere which is heated by the system, otherwise it will never signal for the heating to be turned off.

If everything generally works fine with the current thermostat where it is, then that's probably a good place for the new one.

Not quite -
Factually correct, though.

it should be somewhere which is heated by the system, otherwise it will never signal for the heating to be turned off.
True too.

If everything generally works fine with the current thermostat where it is, then that's probably a good place for the new one.
I thought replacing with a wireless one may be because it doesn't.
I could be wrong, of course.

I thought replacing with a wireless one may be because it doesn't.
Could be.

The good thing is that you can move a wireless one around until you find the best place for it. I suggest not trying it in the garage though, or the loft.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back