Replacing Honeywell T6360 with Salus RT500RF wiring query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm replacing a Honeywell T6360 Thermostat with a Salus RT500RF, but a little confused by the wiring and just spent the last few hours scouring the forum trying to find an answer without success.

Currently the T6360 is wired up as follows:
Earth
Blue -> 2
Yellow -> 3
Red -> 1

The Salus has has the following connections:
NO (Normally Open)
COM (Linked Live feed)
L (Live Feed)
N (Neutral)

Please could someone advise which colour wires I link to which connections?

I also wonder if I need to change any wiring at the Boiler, which is a Worcester Greenstar 24Ri.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
You can't wire the Salus's receiver using exactly the same wires as connected to the Honeywell, because the receiver needs a permanent Live. The live (red >1) in the honeywell only becomes live when heating is on at programmer.

Wire the receiver near the system's wiring centre/box as follows (ISOLATE SUPPLY TO WIRING CENTRE AND REMOVE FUSE FIRST!) -

1) Find out where the honeywell's wires connect into the wiring centre and remove them carefully noting their positions.

2) Connect where the red wire (L) was connected to in centre to Salus COM and connect where the yellow (switched live) wire was connected to in centre to Salus NO

3) Connect L and N on salus into the permanent live and neutral (usually towards the left on strip in centre) that comes from the fused spur mains supply.

No changes needed at boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back