Replacing Honeywell T6360B with DT92E

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
5445E917-D695-4DB7-8A27-C82CCCEAA715.jpeg
Hi,
New to this forum so any help would be appreciated.
I would like to replace our old analogue thermostat T6360B with a wireless unit - thinking DT92E. I have a Worcester heatslave combo boiler. Is this straight forward wiring if not could you suggest another unit which would do the job? This is the wiring into the old thermostat

Sponsored Links
If your keeping the room thermostat in the same position then the honeywell wired version DT90E is suitable.

:idea: The wiring needs a tidy :!:

Thank you for your reply, I thought that with the wiring - nice bare wire !! Ideally I would like to move the thermostat as it was placed right next to the cooker and when cooking the rest of the house is cold.

Oh well its the wireless option then,wire the receiver to the boiler or what ever is there.

For digital thermostats,Have only used honeywell dt92e or dt90e. They do have a rather audible relay click,which some may consider bothersome. Maybe a different wireless manufacture will have a quieter product.

The salus RT300 has been mentioned on this forum,some good and some the opposite but they are cheap.

Sponsored Links
Could you point me in the direction of the wiring for the dt92e with the wiring that I’ve got or not ?

The wiring diagram is available on the Honeywell website. I Would advise installing the receiver where there is a permanent supply for the receivers electronics, and only the switching contacts supplied from the heating timeclock.

room stat rough.jpeg
Could you point me in the direction of the wiring for the dt92e with the wiring that I’ve got or not ?

Depending on how the installer has wired it up originally (installation methods can vary if an integral or external timer is fitted) but its usual to power the room thermostat from terminal block X2 on the boiler control board.

Remove and discard the existing room thermostat cable on X2. wire the DT92E receiver to X2 as per the book that came with the boiler & the honeywell instructions. :idea: The DT92E receiver will require a permanent live,a suitable connection point can be found inside the control panel.

Maybe get it fitted professionally,its easy to damage the boiler electrics.

Edit,looking at how the room stat is wired best get a professional in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back