Replacing internal metal door frame with wood + lintel

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Some of the door frames in our new property are metal. We would like to replace with wooden frames. Am I correct to assume that there is likely no lintel above the frame, and that the metal frame actually acts as a lintel itself?

20230107_122403.jpg20230219_111250.jpg

I assume for a builder this is a fairly small job, however I don't fancy tackling it myself. Is this a job that some builders would be happy to do?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I am correct to assume that there is likely no lintel above the frame
I think it unlikely that the door frame serves as a lintel, but as the pictures don't show what is inside the wall above the top of the frame it's not possible to guarantee that. Concrete lintels are cheap, if absent
Is this a job that some builders would be happy to do?
Yes, though note that this forum is essentially for people who want to do things themselves, so if you're already planning to get someone in to do the job, I'm not sure what question we can answer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back