Patio door lintel question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have patio doors between dining room and conservatory. I have remove the aluminium frame to open it all up but left the hardwood frame in place. I want to remove this also. My question relates to the lintel.

I can not really see what is going on under the wood frame but there seems to be a metal plate above the frame but is only 2mm thick. The house was built in 1989 and is a brick and block cavity. I know the internal walls have metal lintels above Windows. What I would like to know is, would I need to put in a concrete lintel to support the wall properly when removing the hardwood frame

Sponsored Links
Its a "Catnic" lintel, its like a sheet metal long box, with a shelf sticking forward to take the soldier course of bricks. Its a proper lintel so the wood should be able to be removed.
Charlie beat me to it!!, heres my 2 cents worth.
Frank

Thanks for the help guys. I will give it a go carefully. I guess when the wood frame is removed, I should see the lintel between the brick and block skin.

Sponsored Links
You were right guys, all good and frame is gone. Thanks again.

image.jpeg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back