Replacing Kitchen Sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Just replacing the kitchen sink, got the old one out no problem but am struggling to get out the old fixing clamps on one side where the worktop sits on-top of a unit - I expect I’ll struggle to get the new fixings in too (they are slightly bigger) what’s the best way of getting these out / in when there’s this little room?

Have attached pictures

Thanks

B32957A6-CFC9-433F-ABAD-735C9BB7D76F.jpeg 10EC1DFE-F1E4-46B8-9646-154BE4191A89.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Looks like the original sink was fitted to the worktop ,then worktop put onto base units. Gonna be very difficult for you to retro fit another sink ,doubt you will have access around the bowl. May have to remove worktop.

Silicone's your friend in that scenario, unless the worktop's removed and clips redone all round.

Silicone in the sink and if it's not sitting flat, fill the sink with water and a nice heavy weight on the other end till it sets.

Removing the work top would be difficult with the units how they are there’s a custom made boiler cabinet ontop of it too.

Could I chip out a small part of the base unit where the clip goes as the clips attach to the under side of the work top rather than the base unit - wouldn’t see it inside / where the clips go?

If not will go the silicone route!

Sponsored Links
Worth a try mate ,as long as you don't mind the damage to base units.

Managed to remove some of the base and get the clips in - thanks for the help!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back