replacing multipoint water heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a gas multipoint water heater that is on its last legs.

We do not have central heatin at the moment. Would it be possible to swap the multipount for a combi and just use it for hot water and then at a later date fit radiators to it, or are they not designed to run with the heating side of it empty?

What I don't want to do is buy a new multipoint, and then at some time in the future decide to fit central heating and have to replace the boiler again

Sponsored Links
All depends which combi some can work like this others would ask for a minimum pipe loop for by pass over run

Sponsored Links
BAXI 105/80 HE range will work perfectly ok like this ,use appliance filling loop and turn off heating circuit at isolating valves under boiler

Wow speedy replies, thanks folks.

Would it be acceptable to perhaps plumb in one small radiator near the boiler in the kitchen then? Its time and money against me at the moment, but will want central heating in the not too distant future.

Just tried to run the hot tap and nothing now so will have to bite the bullet and decide which way to go. Don't think there will be any chance of repairing this old thing. Water leaks out of it when the tap is run and I am sure its built with valves and bacolite LOL

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back