Replacing new windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At the final stages of a complete new roof/new dormer in our attic and are working through our snaggging list with the builders. Unfortunately it appears that they installed the windows too early and/or allowed their workman to use them as access points to the scaffolding which has resulted in deep gouges in the frames. The window company has been out to see if there is anything they could do to improve the appearance but to no avail.

The builders have offered us £250 reduction to our bill or to replace them totally and make good any damage to plaster/paintwork (the rooms are newly plastered and painted). I'd rather not have inconvenience of replacing them but think its our only option. So my questions are - how much damage are we looking at worse case scenario (given our history with these builders) and can windows be replaced with internal access only as they have indicated that it is not feasible to put the scaffolding back.

Sponsored Links
MAKE them replace the windows!!!

I had this problem with a new window that was fitted with scratchs on the cill. I let the window company do a 'repair' on them. 2 years later the scratch has filled with dirt from the air and looks terrible.

Andy

As Herts said replace the damaged unit, the work should be able to be done from inside.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back