Dimple in brand new window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We are having (very expensive) new sash windows fitted to our bay. The main window has a small dimple in it.

I have asked the window fitters to replace it, but they say it is just a natural imperfection on the window, so they will not replace it.

I don't want to cause to much of a scene but our old windows did not have dimples in them so we certainly dont want one in a brand new window.

I have heard that float windows are not prone to impurities. Please advise

Thanks Alex

Sponsored Links
my father in law to be is a window fitter has been for 20 years or so and if you can see a dimple in the window it shouldnt be there sometimes if you look side on at a window it can look like the glass has a curve but thats normal

hi

Thanks for the response.

The dimple looks like a pin head prick on the inside of the glazing unit.

i would as them to replace and if they wont get the people who made the glass involved as a pin head mark shouldnt be there it could effect how tough the glass is and if the people who make it think this they will change it for you no problem and probs have a good go at the people fitting the windows for not just taking it back cause it wont cost them anything

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back