Replacing old boiler in kitchen with one in airing cupboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At the moment I have an old Baxi Boston 60/2 in the kitchen under the work surface feeding a Y plan heating & hot water system.

I would like to replace it with something like a Worcester Greenstar 18i system boiler, but this will not fit where the old boiler was.

Can I mount the new boiler above the hot water tank upstairs in the airing cupboard.

I realise that I will have to remove the old header feed tank but will I have to relocate the pump & 3 way valve upstairs near to the boiler.

What size gas pipe will be needed for the new boiler.

Will there be anything else I need to do, or would be recommended to do.

Sponsored Links
You are recommended to get a gas registered installer to fit the boiler and he will know whats required. Thats both to comply with the law and to ensure its done properly.

If he was a good one then he would also tell you that a a GlowWorm Flexicom would probably fit under the work surface.

Tony

You are recommended to get a gas registered installer to fit the boiler and he will know whats required. Thats both to comply with the law and to ensure its done properly.

If he was a good one then he would also tell you that a a GlowWorm Flexicom would probably fit under the work surface.

Tony

Tony, thanks for that, i was going to get gas registered installer to fit the boiler but i an just doing the planning before hand.
I will check out the GlowWorm Flexicom, are they reliable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back