Replacing Old Garage Door with Different size Garage Door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I hope the post below makes sense.

I have to replace the wooden garage doors as they are rotten, and I am looking at getting a replacement set of doors, or up and over garage door (all from Fleabay), only thing is - none of them are the same size as the doors I am replacing (8 1/2' by 7 1/2 foot).

I do not have the funds to spend on having bespoke garage doors made, so this is the only option for me, right now.

I was just going to concrete in additional posts either side and install one at the top of the garage opening, to create the right size opening for the new door.

Are there any additional concerns I should be aware of in doing this.
Indeed, is this the right way to do this ?

Any info, or help gratefully received.

Thanks
Aaron

Ps.If this is in the wrong section, please feel free to move it.

Sponsored Links
If you go for an "up and over" type metal garage replacement door they are available with a steel frame already assembled in quite a few sizes.
Find one a little bigger than the opening you have and fix it to the inside brickwork of your opening perhaps.
Or still fit it in the opening, packing out to suit then plastic or timber finishers to make good the gap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back