Replacing old Honeywell EE4 with Honeywell CM927 - HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I replaced my old Honeywell thermostat with a new CM927 today but... it doesnt work... Power light is on - remote thermostat turns unit on at right temperature, but boiler doesnt fire up... I have reinstalled the old thermostat in case I had blown a fuse somewhere but that works perfectly.

Wiring on old unit goes 1 to 5

and wires go into 1 = Permanent live 2= neutral 3= switched live.

There are four wires going into the unit - two live and two neutral

The new unit has six slots N L L A B C

I wired 1 into L, the 2 neutrals into N and the switched live into B....

So why isnt it working? :evil:

Sponsored Links
Ok - sussed it !

Had to put a bridging wire from second L connector to A - Stupid design if you ask me - and would have been soooooo easy to mention that L and A both need permanent live feeds!

and wires go into 1 = Permanent live 2= neutral 3= switched live.

There are four wires going into the unit - two live and two neutral

you've only give us 3, very much doubt you have 2 neutrals.
just cause it maybe blue don't assume its a neutral.

The new unit has six slots N L L A B C

N - NEUTRAL
L - PERM LIVE

A - LIVE
B - SW/L

Sponsored Links
There were 2 neutrals - twisted together and plugged into the same connector... dont know exactly why... but left them hooked together and sharing the neutral connector spot....

Thanks for your help :D

Ok - sussed it !

Had to put a bridging wire from second L connector to A - Stupid design if you ask me - and would have been soooooo easy to mention that L and A both need permanent live feeds!

I assume not everyone may want a feed there, as they may want to series it up in a control circuit or even a Lower voltage circuit.
They used to fit links in timers and advise to remove if not needed.
Nice looking unit, may get one myself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back