Replacing parts in a thermostatic mixer shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys.
I have 2 Sirrus TS1503 thermostatic mixer showers in my house which are both almost too stiff to turn off and one of them leaks slightly out of the knob.
I'm guessing that the mechanism that you turn is worn or full of limescale. Problem is that I don't know how to cut the water off as they are fed from the boiler and presumably also from the cold main.

I also don't know where to buy the parts from, but that will come 2nd once I know how to strip them without flooding the bathroom and ensuite :D

Sponsored Links
Turn the mains cold water off at the stopcock :confused: That will shut off the hot too if you have a combi boiler.

If it's tank fed then you have to find the gate valve that supplies the hot water cylinder and shut that off and shut off the cold cistern and either bung or drain it.

Thanks Rob.
The hot is fed from a Powermax boiler. Do I need to find a valve for the hot feed?

That's a rather different hot water system, it's either an older thermal store complete unit or an unvented HW complete unit therefore your HW will be mains fed. Shutting off the mains should do it.

How old/what model of Powermax is it as I believe the older Range models had a few advisories released for them. More experienced RGI's than me on the forum may be able to explain more concisely on that.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back