Replacing plastic ring at the base of a tap.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have 'pillar' type basin taps on bathroom sink.

I didn't realise when we bought them, but the base of the tap is a separate chrome covered plastic ring.

They were fitted a couple of years ago, and the chrome started to come off them fairly soon. Cosmetic issue, still functional.

Recently the hit tap started to rotate when being turned, we tightened it up but maybe a bit too much as the plastic ring cracked soon after that.

Are these 'decorative' rings replaceable?

Are they even necessary? (our other taps just have a black rubber disc between the tap and pottery basin)

Hope someone can help! I did search before posting, someone has asked a similar question before but it wasn't really answered.

Sponsored Links
I forgot to fit this on a kitchen tap and it made no difference, stopping the tap swivelling is the issue. If the tap is still being sold you might be able to google a spare parts list for it.

Are these 'decorative' rings replaceable?

Are they even necessary? (our other taps just have a black rubber disc between the tap and pottery basin)

Could you maybe make one....

A piece of suitably thick, scrap plastic, and drill a hole through it with a hole saw?

Sponsored Links
Have a look at the Essex Fix A Tap Kit

Gives a very firm tap fitting. Sort of set of washers.

I think the company is in decline but stock is still available on ebay

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back