Replacing Rayburn with Condensing boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
The vaporizing burner Rayburn is getting too expensive to run so its time to be drastic. The Rayburn does the cooking and a gravity fed towel rail in the bathroom and some hot water. We have a bottled gas hob and a fan oven and off peak water and storage heaters.
Some of the problems are: Off the gas main, The water head is 18 feet max, I dont want much heating like only the kitchen and bathroom, an outside wall possible but not ideal. Walls are 2 feet stone and house is in the hills so its cold here.
Anyone any ideas
Thanks
thyristor44

Sponsored Links
I'd be going for an lpg combi boiler run off 4 47kg bottles
as the cheapest install solution. It would happily heat the whole
house and you can remove the storage heaters. Or keep the storage
heaters and add extra wet radiators as required so you can mix and match
through the year.

You can remove hot water tank if you wish and let the combi do it
or keep the tank and heat the water with electric.

An oil combi would be cheaper to run than the lpg but more expensive to
install great lumps they are. A few manufactures do smaller oil combi
but still not cheap.

Solid fuel is out, had one before and too much stoking and very dirty.

The oil boiler is nearest but minimum size seems to be 15/20 kw. How efficient would it be to run and only run one radiator and the towel rail to replace the heat given out by the Rayburn in the kitchen. I dont want to have central heating.

Sponsored Links
The "ECO" AGA is a pellet burning range cooker, exactly the same as an oil one but automatic pellet feed.
Not cheap though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back