Replacing rear washer pipe on Chevvy Lacetti

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The pipe running water to my rear washer has split (apparently it's quite common on these cars). By 'split' I mean it's broken into two sections (not a little tear). The split itself is within the rubber running from the car to the tailgate.

Here's a pic of the section:
lacettiboot800.jpg

I'm told that it's a major pain to access the washer nozzle itself, to replace the whole length, so how would one go about a repair of the split? It's a run of plastic pipe, about 7mm in diameter. The only idea I can think of is to get a larger diameter but very snug fitting piece of pipe and run each part of the original pipe into it to bridge the gap. But I'm not very good at these things and I'm sure there's a better way. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Yes, just put the joiner on the inside, if you have enough pipe to work with?

accessory shops will have "fancy" plastic joiners that the pipe will push up on.

Don't forget to put the pipe inside the door rubber before joining, not like me, joined it on the outside :oops:

And don't loose the pipe down the panel

How do you mean 'put the joiner on the inside'? Do you mean inside the 7mm tubing or just reminding me to do all this inside the corrugated rubber section (and it's always worth reminding me not to do something dumb :LOL: )

Sponsored Links
Back