Rear Wash on 2009 Honda FR-V

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Talk about history repeating itself.....

I have sorted the rear wash on the Mitsubishi Space Star and now have the same issue on our Honda.

Sadly, the pipework is buried so can't find the split between front and rear pipes to check if the water is going down the pipe headed for the rear. But the pump is certainly working.

The nozzle seems to be built-in to the high level "spoiler". I guess the same problem that befell the Mitsu is affecting the Honda, ie nozzle blocked by gunk.

I could get some canned air and squirt it down the nozzle, but without finding a point where the pipes can be disconnected, it seems a pointless exercise.

Has anybody worked on this before?

Washer jet is to the right of the high level brake light.

upload_2020-2-5_20-54-56.png

Washer supply hose appears to be smaller one on the left.
There is a central trim piece across the top of the tailgate on the inside.
I guess this will lever off exposing the hose and access to the rear of the jet (and hopefully some kind of joint I can disconnect and blow back towards)?

upload_2020-2-5_20-59-25.png

Any tips gratefully received!
Cheers!

Sponsored Links
Pop those large rubber grommets off and you’ll see the washer pipe but you’ll likely need to remove the plastic tailgate trim too.
When you work the pump, is there any signs of leaks around the roof lining or whatever?
Can you be certain that water is actually leaving the pump? Its worth checking that at the front just in case its blocked with soap gunge before getting stuck in at the back.
John :)

Cheers! That's what I did with the Mitsu, popped off the pipes at the front and checked the water was free-flowing. But then the Mitsu engine bay is not swathed in plastic and there are large gaps where you can actually see the road! Might have to jack up the N/S/F of the Honda and crawl under the washer bottle to see what goes where.

But I have to say I rather suspect the nozzle is blocked. Hoping there will be a joint inside the tailgate I can pop open, then a) check for flow and b) blow any blockage back.

I did check for water leakage and can't see any signs.

Sponsored Links
Back