Replacing shower mixer issues...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to replace my old Triton shower mixer bar, and one tile that was broken around it. Looking at the installation guide for newer Triton mixers it seems to have these little 'dog leg' variable connectors. They screw in to a 1/2" valve that should be sitting in the wall. They don't say what size the other end is or what size thread you need for the mixer bar to attach

But my old one is not setup like that. The valves are screwed on to a bar in the wall, and they stick out with a 3/4" thread. They are approximately 15cm apart which is standard.

Will a new mixer fit directly in to these as I don't think I can't get behind the wall to change/move the valves so I could use the variable connectors

Thanks
20200702_120427.jpg
20200702_124659.jpg

Sponsored Links
Should do, just measure the pipe centres, they really should be bang on the 150mm as you suggest and dead level but always best to check, make sure the hot and cold are on the correct side for the new valve too.

Take a wee bit of 80grit paper to the faces of those couplers just to rub the old bits of seals off them.

Should do, just measure the pipe centres, they really should be bang on the 150mm as you suggest and dead level but always best to check, make sure the hot and cold are on the correct side for the new valve too.

Take a wee bit of 80grit paper to the faces of those couplers just to rub the old bits of seals off them.

Thanks just popped out to tool station and got a new shower. It fits without the variable adapters.

My pipe centres are a few mm over 150mm. But it seems to be ok anyway.

How would you go about cleaning up the threads of those pipes, seems to have some limescale, bits of silicon and grout! But it's pretty stuck on

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back