pumped mixer shower advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i installed a 2 bar gravity fed pump a couple of nights ago. All is well, the shower now has much better pressure and flow, however i still have 1 issue...

When the pump is running the mixer valve on the shower leaks slightly. I stipped it down, cleaned the O rings, re-greased and rebuilt the unit. I also cleaned the mating surfaces. All was well until tonight i switched the shower on and turned the valve to hot. Water started trickling out of the mixer again. Im tempted to take the unit apart again and see if there are any issues, my alternative is to replace but i just need some advice...

1) The hot and cold feeds coming up from the floor to the mixer are spaced accordingly to plumb into my current Triton mixer...are each mixer showers plumbing sizes totally different (i mean the distance between the hot and cold feed entries to the mixer)? Also i have some chromed back nuts for the compression fittings on the hot and cold feed, can these be re-used on another mixer as a standard size?

2) If i was to replace the unit, what do people recommend?

Thanks again.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back