Replacing Stand alone Gas Cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am ordering a replacement stand alone gas cooker for my wifes Aunt. She has had the current cooker for 10-15 years I would guess and the hob rings only produce a small flmae on each one so sonmething is playing up. the oven pressure is fine.

I have seen one in Currys that fits the bill and Currys charge £74 for delivery, installation and dumping the old one...which sounds reasonable deal. I know this is a vague question but I can't check what pipe, connections are on the current cooker but is the age likely to cause the Currys installers any issue ? I would expect them to overcome them anyway as I assume they will be Corgi trained ?

Sponsored Links
Hi,
You are correct in stating 'they will be Corgi trained'
Don't worry about the existing gas pipework, they will
install what fittings are necessary to make the cooker
live, and on completion any competent gas engineer
will commission the appliance to ensure that the installation
is safe and sound in line with Part L & the manufacturers instructions
and issue you with a compliance certificate.

ps. hope the new cooker you ordered will fit with in the space
left by the redundant one? :)

Cheers Templar.

Its a problem with these old kitchens but fortuately the gap is 51cm which fits in nicely with most of the free standing cookers available. She's a great person but at 73 prefers her old fashioned eye level gril so we went for the Leisure (Flavel) cooker with that feature. I'm going to have her, tiny, kitchen replaced and decorated in the spring but I know she would prefer the same type of cooker.

I am quite capable of doing that work myself but in this case I'm getting the experts in as its an old house and things have a habit of going pear shaped in those types of properties.....don't even mention the cold water pipes...I think they're bamboo!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back