Replacing taps and backing plate on inset bath shower mixer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I fitted a three tap mixer control inset into a tiled wall. It was a bit of a pig to put in and replacement would involve taking bath out, breaking tiles/retiling etc. The backing plate is a chrome rectangle and is dented. There are 3 taps - the bottom one fills the bath, the middle one does hot/cold and the top one runs the shower. The mixer tap was a one off purchase 5 years ago and I can't remember where I bought it from - probably no name chinese. The top tap has the grub screw having stripped out the thread. Can I buy just the backing plate and the three taps anywhere. Are these things a standard size?

Thank you fro any help you can offer.

Rgds

graham

Sponsored Links
There will be no standard, as models/brands vary. So to replace identical to what you have, you will obviously need something that is the same dimensions. So good luck with that, if you are unaware of brand/model first fitted.

Thanks - pretty much what I expected ... but hoped that the brass circles that the taps fit onto with the grub screw would be a standard size... looks like replace the whole lot or try and do something with the grub screw

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back