replacing the door seal on a hotpoint WT960 washing machine

The front panel now lifts up. The front part of the seal has a thin wire round it. Look for the coil spring on it and pull it off.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the great advice, but I am struggling to get the front panel off....screws removed from top and bottom, door lock screws out, but there seems to be white plastic retainers on each side on the inside, what do I do with them?!!

Also, am being a bit dim, but how do you unclip the band, perhaps I will see how if I could take the front panel off.

Thanks in advance,

H

All done now, hopefully after a good service clean wash it should be fine again :D

remove 2 screws on lid at back ,hard slap on front of lid to remove,remove dispenser tray 3 screws in each corner ,remove 2 screws on top 1 in each corner unclip front console panel and disconnect plug on consol ,remove 2 screws on top panel 2 more on the bottom under kickstrip unclip door seal band by the hindge its a spring ,undo 2 screws for door lock ,fold door seal in,lift up front panel and you are in ,just remove spring holding door seal onto drum .fit in reverse order. :D

hi
just spotted your instructions - very helpful - but how do you remove the seal from the front panel? mine seems very stiff - i have tried to get a knife and/or screwdriver in but it still will not come out
thanks

There's a spring round the outer lip. Look at about 7 o'clock on the door seal and look for a small coiled spring , then unclip it that removes the seal from the front lip only.

Sponsored Links
Ware you guys getting your replacement door seals??? you got a part number or a link would be greatfull thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back