Washing machine F 04 error

DPJ

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've got a Hotpoint WT960 that keeps erroring F 04 (drainage / pump issue). I found the outlet hose was clogged with a tissue at the point it enters the drain, cleared it and ran it empty - all fine. But when we run it with a load it still errors. It'll run its spin & rinse cycles with a load, but when we try and do a normal wash it stops (unfortunately it seems to be at random stages) with the error.

Anyone got any thoughts before I take it apart and check the pump / hoses etc.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Have you checked where it connects to? Eg appliance trap, the spigot can become blocked.

• Thanks
Reactions: DPJ
Yep - did check that and it was totally clogged with old tissue (I think). Hoped that would be all of it, but suspect there’s more earlier in the outlet pipe work. Will take it apart and investigate tomorrow.

Sponsored Links
Have you tried draining into a bucket? This may rule out anything it’s connected to.

• Thanks
Reactions: DPJ
Cheers all.

Just spent a happy hour taking it apart. Was really clogged up with gunk, so cleaned everything, but noticed that the drum is leaking around the joint. Tried to tighten it, but didn't help, so think it's time for a new one. Thanks for all the pointers.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back