Replacing thermostat with Hive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Trying to replace a Danfoss system with Hive but wiring doesn’t seem to correspond - taking the plate off, there’s 4 neutrals, 2 lives, nothing in 1 or 2, 3 and 4 are wired (as are 5 and 6 which is the remote thermostat)

Looking for ideas on how to wire up!

Thanks!

Jason

Attachments

• 3DBCF90F-E592-473C-AF87-C5360038424B.jpeg
    3DBCF90F-E592-473C-AF87-C5360038424B.jpeg
    200.9 KB · Views: 133
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thanks, so your unit connections are as below:

TP.JPG

...and as you rightly say it is capable of controlling the hot water timing too, except it isn't connected. The TP9000 is only wired up to control the heating.

So if you have a hot water cylinder, then something else must be controlling the hot water. Unless (and it would be unusual if this were the case) the hot water cylinder is only heated by an electric immersion heater.

Where do you set the hot water on / off times?

At that controller, the one upstairs only does the heating upstairs (house is zoned which makes it even stranger) - we do have an immersion heater, but never use it.

It’s strange, I put the hot water on from that controller and the boiler defo fires

Ah wait - just found this in the boiler book for our megaflow which would suggest 1 and 2 are not in use

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    274.4 KB · Views: 127
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    333.4 KB · Views: 131
In the UK, 2 is never used and 1 only sometimes, depending upon the system.

The Megaflow diagram does show a connection to 3 & 4 though, which is what I would expect. Are you sure there isn't also a wire in 3? It's difficult to see in the photo.

Yeah I’ve just seen your other thread, I’ve essentially ignored 1 and 2 and just wired into 3 and 4 and it’s working fine

Thanks very much for your help

So

Neutral
Live
1 (empty)
2 (empty)
Blocked off 5 and 6

Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back