Replacing Thermostatic shower valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have a bar type thermostatic shower valve - the type with on/off flow to the left and themostatic control on right.
The hose started to leak from the end near the bar and when I tried to replace, the actual male pipe thread coming out of the valve sheared off which is quite odd as I thought it would be more sturdy.
My question is, if I buy a new thermo valve can I just replace the front parts. What I'm trying to avoid is disrupting tiles.
At the back of the valve where the hot and cold pipes meet, there seems to be a large nut over both these pipes.
Does anyone know if these can be unscrewed and replaced.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
If you replace complete bar mixer just undo the 3/4" nuts at the rear and remove/fit new mixer, isolate water supplies first.

Or just replace the faulty part on yours.
What make/model is it ?

Thanks.
I'm not sure of the make as there are no markings. It was already installed when I moved here.
If I can replace the front part that would be good.
Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back