Tricky shower valve bar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, there I am needing ro replace my Bristan shower valve as the thermostat has seized up and I can't changed the temperature flow. So far no problem, however after reading up the general consensus is that default piping is hot left, cold right so that the thermostat is on the right - however mine is on the left (see pic attached) so I thought I must be piped up incorrectly. However my shower bar is on the right way - hose outlet at the bottom. Can anyone help?

Attachments

• shower2.jpg
    shower2.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 50
Sponsored Links
If it's a Bristan one you should be able to get a replacement cartridge. You can find out which side the hot flows in by running the shower and feeling the temperature of the inlets

so I thought I must be piped up incorrectly

Did it work properly before it seized up? If so it will be fine, different valves have different configurations of on/off and temperature control.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, all the shower bars I can find have the thermo on the right - would it be ok to have the hose outlet facing up ?

Ignore - see below.

Last edited:
If it's a Bristan one you should be able to get a replacement cartridge. You can find out which side the hot flows in by running the shower and feeling the temperature of the inlets

Cheers Andrew - left hand side is defo hot looks like this Bristan shower bar is a weird config.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back