what bar shower is this ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi got this form ebay, was listed as an artisan thermostatic bar shower, assumed it was made by bristan..anyway got it..came in the box see pics..only bar shower , shrouds and a few pieces with it...feels quite heavy..cant see any bristan branding on it but doesnt seem to be working properly..fitted it no problems just simply remove old one and put this in with new fliters..anyway the cold side side is very hard to turn, because your hands are wet and there doesnt seem to be a good grip that you can get a hold of.. yiu can adjust the temp of water by turning the valve anticlockwise and it is martked 45 degrees up to 50 degree which is quite hot, but i cant seem to turn the valve back down to the preset 38 degree mark..it becomes very stiff and doesnt budge..even when the shower has cooled down after use its difficult to tirn the valve back to 38 degrees as indicated by the red mark...im thinking this is not a bristan shower but something else , just packed into a bristan box. cant seem to find anything simlar with the product code printed on the box..is this genuine or have i been done by a cheap one in a bristan box ?..cheers

Attachments

• IMAG0822.jpg
    IMAG0822.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 123
  • IMAG0823.jpg
    IMAG0823.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 113
  • IMAG0825.jpg
    IMAG0825.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 117
  • IMAG0826.jpg
    IMAG0826.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 132
  • IMAG0827.jpg
    IMAG0827.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 118
Sponsored Links
Yes you've been done lob it get a shower with a proper name eg Mira one which you can turn off
with soapy hands best of luck

Erm .... google the Bristan Artisan - as far as I can see, this what it should look like. Hmmmm .... you may have been duped but have a good look about first. Doesn't look like the picture on the box though, does it, should look like the pic below??

edit: to take wrong pic out

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
thanks guy..fooking makes me mad about these sellers, luckliy paypal payment but its gonna cost to send back, now to remove the thing...i thought it may have bristan stamped on it but cant see anywhere..i did google that product code and it did came up with that pic you posted..looks like its going back..

The picture on the packaging says it all really, that's what your shower should look like and not what you got unfortunately.

to be honest guys the ebay seller mislead people including me, there was no picture of the bar shower in the listing but had it listed in the main heading as "
Artisan Thermostatic Surface Mounted Bar Shower Valve Model No AR SHXVO C" i simply googled the model number and assumed i was gonna get the one pictured above posted by "madrab"...but obviouslt not...return innitiated..

Don't bother with Mira either cos they're Shiite, just a friendly heads up.

we had an old artisan and whilst it had the red button it had the shaped knobs like the one madrab shows.

i don't use eBay but i expect it would be hard to get your money back after fitting it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back