Bristan Calico Bar Mixer Shower Non-Return Valves where ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I thought I originally had a boiler problem but turned out my Bristan Calico bar mixer shower valve is passing cold water into the hot water circuit.

I phoned Bristan to ask about this and the guy on customer support told me that the non-return valve on the hot side of the mixer must be either faulty or stuck open. He advise me to remove the valve and have a look.

I have removed the valve and stripped everything I can see out of the body but can't see what I would think to be a non-return valve....anyone know where this is likely to be or what it is likely to look like ?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
well I stripped down the valve yesterday and could not see any non-return valve...and when I reassembled and tested the shower did not seem to be passing cold water into the hot circuit any more but the shower itself just doesn't get hot enough even on the highest setting...I even put the water temp. up on the boiler this morning by 5 degrees and that seemed to make no noticeable difference....I'm going to call Bristan again tomorrow but does this sound like a faulty cartridge ?

the instructions for your valve don't show any nrv's.
now you have stripped it down you may need to reset the max temp.

follow the instructions in the manual.

Sponsored Links
now you have stripped it down you may need to reset the max temp.

follow the instructions in the manual.

I had a look again tonight....I tested with the cartridge screwed all the way in and out but the temp. did not change...I also check the service valve on the hot and it's fully open

View media item 27997

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back