Replacing timber floor with concrete

T

TwoByFour

I'm thinking of replacing the timber sub floor with concrete as we are planning on installing a water UFH system.

Can someone please advise me how this concrete floor should be constructed? I'm planning on getting someone in to do it but would like to know what's involved.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Why not use screed, so much cheaper and easier than the crap aluminum plates.

The original post is lacking details of the exact floor construction. There are a lot of methods that end up with wood on top. In the end you need 4" of insulation on a firm base with 60-70mm of screed on top in which your UFH pipes sit. In the worst case the under floor void can be 1.5m deep that a lot of back fill or some sort of block and beam floor to be put in. Hence my comments about the plates. 100% of the effect for 5% of the work.
Frank

Sponsored Links
back fill or some sort of block and beam floor to be put in.
You screed between the timbers ontop of the board and pipes. So 25mm screed. It's less work than the aluminum plates and it actually works unlike the plates. You get some thermal mass which is important with underfloor heating. Plus you can only infill upto 600mm so you could not fill 1.5 meters of void.
CROPPED-UK-3-Timber-Floor[1].jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back