Replacing toilet into old concrete waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all
Firstly excuse my plumbing ignorance I am a plasterer and nothing more :D

In my house we have a smaller outer building with a toilet which I am going to replace as firstly the walls need insulating and then skimming and whilst there I'm going to rip out the old toilet and giant eye sore of a cistern but the waste goes straight out the back down into the sewer with the waste concreted to form a seal. No outside drains!!!
Is there such toilet the waste can come out the bottom to keep as much space in the room, im already insulating the walls so loosing 75mm there.
Also what waste connection would you guys recommend go
122502-c26e578610854fc6640708ad15317425.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
you could just smash it out and use a p shape pan connector , you would probably save space as well :)

do your smashing delicately.

You don't want fragments falling down the pipe, and you don't want to break the collar needlessly.

Wear gloves if handling broken porcelain, shards of china are as sharp as glass, an open cut and bacteria in a soil pipe aren't good company.

Sponsored Links
If your smashing it, gaffa tape all the way around the spigot to keep the pieces together.

Don't write the cistern and flush pipe off ! You'd be surprised @ how they can be "architectural antiques" IF it's an iron cistern and lead flushpipe;)

Don't write the cistern and flush pipe off ! You'd be surprised @ how they can be "architectural antiques" IF it's an iron cistern and lead flushpipe;)
don't think he wants to keep an eye sore ( his words) ;):)

thanks all for the replies, some good tips which i will take on board before charging in with my Estwing!
Would you say it's best to try and maintain the collar, as would that be easier getting the correct waste size for or just remove the lot and put a new swan connector (delicately removed ofcourse, lol)

Just to add it's being boxed so not concerned on how it looks just want the easiest option so I don't lose all my weekend off..

Remove the lot and put in a swan connector - Do Estwing make lump hammers:unsure:;)

Remove the lot and put in a swan connector - Do Estwing make lump hammers:unsure:;)

Oh yes, I have a 4lb Lumpy itching to attack the porcelain :)
Would the waste hole be a generic sizeyou think that the swan connector will sit in..i'm just worried I wont be able to get a match!

Yes, the waste hole will be a standard saltglazed pipe

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back