Replacing traditional wooden guttering on terrace house

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone any ideas on how much it would cost to replace the guttering on my mid-terrace house (front and back, approx 4 metres each)? It's currently traditional wooden guttering and leaks badly.
Thanks for any help!

please see forum rule 9

Sponsored Links
Hi, are you sure the guttering is made out of wood? Maybe you mean cast iron or something?

No it'll be wood. We have wood gutterings here in yorkshire on older terraced houses.

Sponsored Links
noseall said:
wood?? for guttering?? what sort of wood?? is this an early april fool joke :!: :!: :!: :?: :?:
No they are about, I believe they have lining inside the box section. :!:

>>No they are about, I believe they have lining inside the box section.<<

No lining inside them, they come in two sizes 4 inch x 6 inch or 5 1/2 inch by 3 inch

I worked in Cumbria a couple of years ago and they couldnt believe it when i went to the timber yard looking for wood gutterings, all the guttering there was plastic on adjustable threaded brackets.

Ahhh, the one I've seen must've been repairing by lining it :?:

Perhaps now true, and I don't mean to sound horrible but 6 years ago when I posted the question that wasn't the case.
The replaced gutters are still keeping me dry despite their wooden structure and current deluge ;)

I don`t mean to sound horrible - but are you sad enough to still be here after 6 years :mrgreen:

I don`t mean to sound horrible - but are you sad enough to still be here after 6 years :mrgreen:
Lol, they is so much info on gutters. I'm doing a little research my self as I'm fitting mine at the weekend

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back