1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Replacing TRV Heads

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by Larry Stoter, 2 Oct 2021.

Tags:
  1. Larry Stoter

Larry Stoter

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    The TRVs on my central heating system are old - 1980, perhaps. The actual valves are all working but some of the heads seem not to work properly, reacting very slowly or not at all to temperature changes. I assume the temperature sensors are wax which I have read tends over time to stop responding properly.

I'm planning on replacing them but other than being Honeywell, there is nothing to indicate the exact model - anybody know?

I've also noticed that different manufacturers/models of TRV head have different types of connection to the valve and different threads. If relevant/helpful, the OD of the thread on the valve top is 30 mm. And the pipes for the central heating are 10 mm.

Can anybody confirm what make/model of TRV head would be compatible with these valves?

What would people recommend to replace these heads? TRV Head.jpg

2. Sponsored Links
  3. ianmcd

ianmcd

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    you will need to change the complete valves, how do you know that they are slow to react ? do you know how TRVs work ?