Replacing TRV Heads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The TRVs on my central heating system are old - 1980, perhaps. The actual valves are all working but some of the heads seem not to work properly, reacting very slowly or not at all to temperature changes. I assume the temperature sensors are wax which I have read tends over time to stop responding properly.

I'm planning on replacing them but other than being Honeywell, there is nothing to indicate the exact model - anybody know?

I've also noticed that different manufacturers/models of TRV head have different types of connection to the valve and different threads. If relevant/helpful, the OD of the thread on the valve top is 30 mm. And the pipes for the central heating are 10 mm.

Can anybody confirm what make/model of TRV head would be compatible with these valves?

What would people recommend to replace these heads?
TRV Head.jpg

Sponsored Links
you will need to change the complete valves, how do you know that they are slow to react ? do you know how TRVs work ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back