Replacing Vectis 2 hook lock with..well anything.

Sponsored Links
It could use a service and since I purchased the house its missing 2 of its 3 keys to that door. So for security, I want a new lock in there. I was also going to replace the euro cylinder locks on my other UPVC door (it has an older euro cylinder that I think isn't anti snap). and thought about getting 2 euro locks with the matching keys.

You could get another Vectis, or a competent locksmith could fit or supply new levers and keys, and locks to suit for your other door.

Amateur burglars learn a variety of low-skill attacks on Eurocylinders. 5-lever locks are less amenable to simple attacks. Inherently, they don't snap, bump or corkscrew.

Sponsored Links
So you would say the vectis is a better lock than a Yale 3* anti-whatever cylinder?

Although I probably still need to swap the other Euro cylinder as its def not up to standard. Do you have a recommended euro one or are they all not the best anyway?

I am definitely a fan of 5-lever locks.

And the reverse of a fan of Eurocylinders.

Vectis can be fitted to replace various multipoint locks so I'd expect the system to fit your other door.

I agree with you about having locks suited to the same key. Saves carrying a great bunch around.

Top-class Eurocylinders are quite expensive, and the technology has to keep changing each time the crooks start mass-producing burglar tools to defeat the previous design.

others will have a recommendation for the current good cylinders.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back