Replacing water feed from mains

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I'm interested in this insuduct thing (I'm shortly to embark on waper pipe replacement, and the idea of hanging down a 2ft 6 hole (even if its a FBH) trying to tunnel through the foundations of a victorian (mostly stone) wall isn't something I'm looking forward to.

I had a look on their website and it looks good. Just wondering what people's experiences of using this were and if anyone would recommend it (or not). Do you need the mdpe 'hockey stick' they mention? (Having tried bending 25mm mdpe pipe in the past I assume the answer's probably yes or it's not going to bend enough to go through the hole into the wall.....)

Also, everything else I've read about this says the water co. need to inspect the whole trench and the entry point to the house, and that you can't backfill undtil they have been and inspected it. However, the lady from Dwr Cymru just told me on the phone that they only need to inspect a 'short length' of trench and aren't interested in what's been done at the house end. She was a little bit sketchy on some of the other details, so based on this I'm thinking either
(a) she's wrong, and I'll fill in the trench and then be asked to dig it all up again. Sort of thing I might look back on in 20 years and laugh about, but probably likely to upset me quite a bit at the time.
(b) different water companies have different rules

Is there anyone in the Dwr Cymru area who's replaced their water pipes recently who can confirm what actually happened...?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back