Bath Mixer replacement - How do you get water supply off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looks simple enough. Remove one set of taps replace with another.

Turned off all stop cocks in the house and in loft.

Thats the mains under the kitchen sink

The valve cock to the immerser and the HOT out valve. The 3rd valve was already off feeding the emerser.

3 valves in the loft - one at the bottom of the tank, a valve into a small tank ( don't know what that was for) and one pipe that came through into the emerser cupboard.

I also had all taps running to empty everything.

START

Made sure there was no running water from any tap or shower.

Managed to remove the taps ok - it was a squeeze to reach in the tight space but managed it ok.

As soon as I removed the taps from the pipes water leaked out from the pipes and although I tried to fit the new ones quickly it became a bit stressful as too much water was trickling out.

I re-fitted the old taps no problem and stopped the flow.

QUESTION

Why was there a trickle coming out of the bath tap pipes when nothing was coming out of the taps when connected?

Is there another valve / stop cock I missed.

Sponsored Links
even when the taps have drained and you release the nuts under the bath you will get some water that is left in the taps but below the spout.
it can seam alot when it first happens.
but if your pipe keeps running then i would say you have a gate valve etc that is not shutting fully.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back