Reply to Dan Robinson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
FFS it has given Bernie yet another reason to trot out his hair-brained cylinder idea.

Explain why you consider it to be hair-brained. It is more than an idea, it is a proven system.

I would have posted this in the thread

Anyone run a Megaflow cylinder at 4 bar pressure?

but someone arranged for the thread to be closed less than 5 minutes after Dan posted his opinion.

One select person was allowed to post cartoons to the thread after it was closed.

Actually Bernard the cartoons were posted 3 minutes before I closed the thread. We do not allow advice to be given on such topics.

Mod

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Wow - the mods actually closed a thread down for a sensible reason. respect.

Anyway - If the mains coil through a conventional cylinder was such a good idea, it would be commonplace. You feel the need to mention this system every sodding time you post on an unvented cylinder thread. You have the sum total experience of one and feck all.

As you posted them AFTER the thread had been locked you have given a clear impression that you are a mod or have the "priviledge" to be able to post in locked threads.

As yet Dan has made several negative comments about my system but never substantiated them with facts.

Sponsored Links
do you mean something horrible like a Boilermate?
Boilermate%20BP%20schematic%20OV.jpg

Actually Bernard the cartoons were posted 3 minutes before I closed the thread. We do not allow advice to be given on such topics.

Mod

Were they. ? How come my post was blocked BEFORE the cartoons were posted......

The advice being given to the OP was that operating a cylinder above it's maximum pressure was dangerous. By closing the thread you have stopped that SENSIBLE advice being repeated if the OP continued to promote the idea.

I would suspect Dilalio was composing his post when I locked it and the forum software allowed him to post but I really don't know. I can tell you that neither he or Dan R are mods

As for your last sentence I refer you to my previous answer.

This thread will also be locked for mod baiting.

Mod

do you mean something horrible like a Boilermate?

No nothing like that. It is a conventional vented cylinder but with the addition of a second coil in the top to act as a heat exchanger to heat mains pressure water for the shower.

Wash basins and the bath are fed with hot water from the cylinder.

See Bernard you posted that after I had locked the thread. No need for a humble apology a regular one would do just as well.

Mod

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back