Adults only

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

daneski88

A wild idea, obviously going to be shot to pieces but here goes anyway.

On this site there is the CC which is open only to proven RGI's. I have no idea what the level of moderation is that takes place on there, but I have been advised that it's a bit less strict due to it being "behind closed doors".

Is there any way of creating a similar "adults only" type of chamber which has got minimal level of modding restrictions on it but which allows more extreme (but still legal!) views to be expressed away from the casual visitor. Entrance to this could be granted to those posters on here who have managed to last a given number of posts without being slung off, or who have been on here for a given amount of time.

Just an idea. Now start ripping it to shreds :rolleyes: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
You would only get probably less than 10 posters ( all regulars BTW) that would actually participate in these type of threads so the thread would soon die a death due to boredom. :LOL:

It would be nice to stick the boot in properly now and again without a "grown up" telling us off though :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

splat.gif

Fill your boots. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Is there any way of creating a similar "adults only" type of chamber which has got minimal level of modding restrictions on it but which allows more extreme (but still legal!) views to be expressed away from the casual visitor. Entrance to this could be granted to those posters on here who have managed to last a given number of posts without being slung off, or who have been on here for a given amount of time.
Its a stupid idea, any old Bozo can knock up hundreds of irrelevant posts in no time at all, what does that prove?

Besides, there are plenty of other Forums out there with less moderation. DIYnot was born a family/child friendly site, the GD Forum has over the last year or two become more and more volatile and unfriendly and not for the good.

Besides, there are plenty of other Forums out there with less moderation. DIYnot was born a family/child friendly site, the GD Forum has over the last year or two become more and more volatile and unfriendly and not for the good.
Two points - yes there are no doubt other forums out there, but I'm talking about this one and its regulars who like the trade aspect of it combined with the others "up top". Second, it therefore makes sense for there to be an area for the more ascerbic and aggressive conversations to have a place to fester, since this may have the effect of lightening up the GD a bit whilst making the mod's job a bit easier.

I am all for the idea, providing anyone who joins this closed forum is then banned from posting on any other message board within DIYnot.

Admin, it has my vote. :LOL:

It's about time GD was split into three separate forums .... no, not see no, hear no, speak no... but sensible discussion, silly discussion and abuse.

You post something you'd like to discuss in a serious fashion, and the first eight posts are daft comments and silly pictures.... the next three are evil threats from punters you've crossed before.... and then a sensible post... halellujah.. oh and then the cycle begins again..... 8 more silly posts.... etc isn't it called post hijacking?

(ok, before you start i may have posted a few silly ones... ;) )

Its a stupid idea, any old Bozo can knock up hundreds of irrelevant posts in no time at all, what does that prove?

I thought you took a more moderate view :rolleyes:

I thought you took a more moderate view :rolleyes:

Do you consider my view an extreme one? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back