Repointing before tanking slurry

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi got Concrete blockwork below ground around 70cm deep Supporting a timber outbuilding I’m making in the garden. It’s letting water in, external stuff is not working, my french drain is pants, dpm has clearly failed. With neighbours garden walls so close and timber structure already built digging around the perimeter is not possible leaving tanking as my only option. There will be a 1” cavity and internal timber studs built on a single course of blocks. I intend to use this cavity as a channel to direct water to a sump pump but would like to try and seal the block work as well. I plan to use sika tanking slurry on blocks as well as the slab but would like to chase out the mortar joints in order to refill with something more watertight first. I think the wall to floor junction is the biggest problem. Any suggestions on what to use, mortar with waterproofing additive? or do I need something else? Any and all advice welcome. I’m getting the impression a tanking slurry will fail under water pressure, perhaps if I Just repoint as mentioned and just focus on pumping out whatever water ingress remains? I only get standing water after heavy prolonged rainfall and as it’s built on a gradient the soil drains out after a day or so.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back