Repointing Brickwork

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've just installed a new garage door and had to change all the frame around the entrance. While doing this I lost a lot of the cement.
Now the new frame is in place I want to fill the gaps with cement.
The cement used on the front of my house is almost white like, i'm not an expert on this so help me out, is this the lime cement ? If not what is it ?
Where can I get this stuff from, would I get it in Wickes ?

Also when I do get it is there anything I should know about using this type of cement ?

Many Thanks

Marvin

Sponsored Links
you can get white cement,but to match it with existing will be good work as your present garage has been their how long?? in wickes?-dont know
maybe after doing the job you could paint on some milk or yogurt to age it.
but boy it'll smell!!
picture would be useful

Hi,

I had a new front porch put on the house last year and the builder managed to match it perfectly. Obviously I probably would not do as good job but it doesn't have to be perfect as the area will most likely be covered. I'm thinking to put white fascia boards to cover the wood frame and to overlap part of the brick work.

I will try and get a picture which may help explain.

Marvin.

Below is a picture of the brickwork I am trying to sort out.
I want to get a good match on the cement.

brickwork.jpg

Thanks

Marvin

Sponsored Links
After further research I have found products such as snowcrete and also natural hydraulic lime. Are any of these suitable for what I need ?

Many Thanks

Marvin.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back