Reposition RKP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What ho one and all,

I want to reposition one of the two RKP on my Accenta G4 alarm.

I know how to silence the alarm if I am replacing the back-up battery, but if I remove the RKP cover, the alarm will be activated and presumable, the keys will not work as they are in my hand.

So what should I do?

May be I should open the control panel and disconnect the power first? This at least would ensure the RKP will not suffer any electrical damage?

Grateful for your thoughts. I do kinda know hat I am doing as I did install the system, albeit 10 year ago!

Sponsored Links
Simplest way without causing problem to the system would be to down power system completely, resite keypad and then power back up.
Outside bell box will ring if total power down and has SAB in bell box. This should only ring for 20 minutes ?

Thanks for your reply. Followed the advice in the booklet, which suggest to remove the cover and when the tamper kicks in, enter the code to stop the bell.

Only wanted to reposition about 6cms, and managed to do it without disconnecting the RKP. It is fitted to a timber framed wall, so kinda 'gouged' a slot in the dry lining to move it and then filled. May have been easier to feed a wire through but I know I would have difficulty catching the alarm cable, etc, etc. Back up and running now so all good.

Again thanks

Rex

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back