Informa Speech Dialler (8EP276A)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I installed an Accenta G4 metal panel with two RKP's, two bells and an internal sounder recently, all working fine....

I'm not using the PA or the Fire on the panel, just PIR's and magnetics.

I have a couple of question on the speech dialler:

1. If not using the 'Follow Me' function can you set the alarm on the RKP like I do now, or does the dialler become the main method of setting the alarm. I hoped to site the dialler in a cupboard out of the way, assuming when the alarm is set on the existing RKP the dialler become active?

2. Based on the fact I installed the panel etc with no problems, will I find the wiring of the dialler quite straight forward? Looks like its quite simple wiring into the communicator bit on the panel, then to the master socket.....

thanks

Sponsored Links
1. You would continue to operate your system in the same manner,

2. I don't imagine you'll
have difficulty fitting the speech dialler if you've fitted your own alarm.

Just another question.....just read the informa manual and it says that 'ideally' there should be no other telephone equipment connected to the line? Why? Surely people that have monitored alarms, don't have a separate line installed to their phone and sky etc connection?

Sponsored Links
it says that 'ideally' there should be no other telephone equipment connected to the line? Why?
Because if the other equipment is using the phone line then the alarm system cannot make a call.

Some alarm diallers divert the incoming line away from all other equipment thus cutting off any outgoing calls in progress. It then waits long enough for the exchange to drop the call and then the alarm can sieze the line and make the alarm call. Incoming calls will not drop immediately when the line is diverted and thus unless the caller hangs up the line remains held and the alarm cannot make the call.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back