Accenta Gen4 Alarm Panel and an SD1 Speech Dialler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning folks,

i need some help with wiring an SD1 speech dialler to an accenta G4 alarm panel. Currently i have a keypad wired to it but i would like to replace it with the speech dialler, and maybe have the keypad in the kitchen near the back door.
I am struggling with how to connect the cables up to to new speech dialler, could anyone advise me please.
I will try and upload some pictures of the connections.

Sponsored Links
from what I can work out..

J3 connector in alarm.

alarm - dialer
13v - 12v
0v - 0v
FIRE - TRIG A *
PA - TRIG B *
INT - TRIG C *
BOX TAMP - anti tamper circuit..wired in series..

*or SET, ABORT, CONF depending on what you want it to do and who to phone ( you set the messages so alter message A,B and C to suit :) )

you might get a more definitive answer from the alarm guys over in the alarm forum..

You will not be able to set/unset your alarm from the speech dialler - I assume you understand that? From your original post it sounds as if you want to replace your keypad with the dialler?

The speech dialler is best located somewhere descrete - you only need access to program it.

Sponsored Links
so i would need to run another cable from the control panel to the dialler and leave the key pad where it is?
Where do i connect the cables too on the control panel?
I guess what i am looking for is a wiring diagram on what cable goes where.

thanks

Unfortunately I take it from what you write that you already have the SD1.

That would have been my last choice of dialler because it has no NVM chip, (Memory > All information permanently stored in NVM (Non Volatile Memory)), if power is interrupted to the SD1 all & any programming will be lost & will need to be reprogrammed. A real problem if there is a power problem 5mins after you go on a 3 week break to Honolulu.

Have a look for the SD2, a much better unit with additional facilities & an NVM chip!

You will not be able to set/unset your alarm from the speech dialler - I assume you understand that? From your original post it sounds as if you want to replace your keypad with the dialler?

The speech dialler is best located somewhere descrete - you only need access to program it.

so basically i get some 6 core cable from the dialler to the the connector 3 and connect as per your instructions. The only thing i would like to understand a little better is how do i know which is the correct way to wire up the A-B-C trigger on the dialler.
All i really want to do is for the dialler to call me once the alarm is triggered, i want it to call my uk mobile and and my international mobile.
Can anyone help me please???

First of all ColJack was spot on. Totally correct.
So follow that wiring, although you have the diagram in the SD1 box.

8 core would allow the tamper to be utilized.

The user manual also supplied will show how to insert the common message, such as the house name or address.
Then the other 3 messages of which one always accompanies the common message.
Up to 3 numbers can be programmed.
It will try all 3 in sequence if not answered.
But you can use one two or all three.

First of all ColJack was spot on. Totally correct.
So follow that wiring, although you have the diagram in the SD1 box.

8 core would allow the tamper to be utilized.

The user manual also supplied will show how to insert the common message, such as the house name or address.
Then the other 3 messages of which one always accompanies the common message.
Up to 3 numbers can be programmed.
It will try all 3 in sequence if not answered.
But you can use one two or all three.

hi thanks for your response. All i really wanted to know what the difference was between connecting trigger a b c so i will go and get a meter of 8 core cable from robert dyas or something as the phone line is right near the control panel i will fit it above the control panel. I just wasn't sure what was meant by "
*or SET, ABORT, CONF depending on what you want it to do and who to phone ( you set the messages so alter message A,B and C to suit".
that was all.
once again thank you.

Set = when system arms you will be told
Abort = when system trips the abort is a user code entered, thus "Aborting" the response required.
Conf = a 2nd detector tripped, as in another room.

Set = when system arms you will be told
Abort = when system trips the abort is a user code entered, thus "Aborting" the response required.
Conf = a 2nd detector tripped, as in another room.

Alarm if it were you wiring it up what would you suggest is the most effective sorry to be a pain all i want the dialler to do is call me on my uk mobile and my mothers italian number. I appreciate all you help so far by the way. thank god forums like these exists with pro like yourselves.

once again thank you

Easiest would be Int Intruder only.

Set could be used to see when someone is coming and going.

But remember each call is charged for.
So make sure the receiving phone has DTMF and the recipient knows how to shut the dialer down.

Easiest would be Int Intruder only.

Set could be used to see when someone is coming and going.

But remember each call is charged for.
So make sure the receiving phone has DTMF and the recipient knows how to shut the dialer down.

ok Alarm Thanks so as i understand it i should wire in this way

J3 connector in alarm.

alarm - dialer
13v - 12v
0v - 0v
INT - TRIG A *
BOX TAMP - anti tamper circuit..wired in series..

as all i want it do is call me if the alarm were ever to go off.

Thats it, make sure you record the common message then the A message.
Handy to say at the end "press 8" to cancel this call.
If not it will call you back 3 more times.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back