Speech Dialler help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am installing a Texecom Veritas Excel panel, I also got a Texecom speech dialler (TSDT). I understand that the speech dialler has four trigger inputs for four different alarm types. What I don't understand is what the remote reset is? Can you reset the alarm over the phone? Is this conected from the R/R terminal on the panel to one of the two outputs on the dialler?

Has anybody any experience with these?

Sponsored Links
Remote reset is to stop unauthorised people resetting the system, basically if a cleaner sets the alarm off, she can silence the alarm, but can't reset it without a manager finding out.

The dialler displays a 4 digit number on the screen, which you need to give to the alarm company. They will then give you a reset code.

The number displayed changes each time to stop you writing down the anti-code, and using the same code each time.

Does the anti code have to be used? I don't want to have to call texecom if I set the alarm off, Can the dialler be used to silence the alarm, what is the abort, set/unset terminals on the panel used for? Sorry for sounding stupid but the installation manual doesn't say much about connecting to the speech dialler. :confused:

Sponsored Links
texecom could not help anyway. a remote reset unit has to be set up with a specific "seed code" its an optional feature. you should opt not to use it.

The set /unset and abort terminals do "exactly as it says on the tin"

they change state when set / unset or the alarm is aborted

you can treat these as optional extras too, and again opt not to use them.

They would be used by an alarm company connecting a remote signaling device such as a digital communicator. redcare etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back