Texecom 24 with texecom speech dialer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Finally got the speech dialler configured and the tests mode works fine, I even receive text messages.

When I arm the alarm I get a phone call telling me the alarm has been activated? which is the message I configured for alarm activated. When I set the alarm off the speech dialler does nothing?

I have wired 1-1 2-2 3-3 4-4 between control panel outputs and texecom speech dialler inputs?

I have then configured the outputs on the control panel as all unused other than No.3 which I belief is the alarm.

Can anyone help or is there some decent instructions / line drawings available.

Sponsored Links
what software version is the panel ? press menu 4 to find out, are you using digi outputs ? or panel outputs to trigger alarm ?

Check what the panel outputs are programmed as.
Looks like you have programmed the digi outputs too in error.

Looks like 4 is sending your message, 4 defaults as Armed (set).

I will check the outputs, on a separate note when anyone rings the landline they get the modem 'squeel' and cannot hear us, I have dialled our number using my mobile and also got the modem 'squeel' but I pressed 8 and it stopped, do I need to increase the number of rings?

Sponsored Links
thats not the dialler is it.
Yes increasing the rings wil stop the modem grabbing too early.

has the premier 24 got a comms 2400 or 300 on it ? if so set for answer phone defeat if not your speech dailer has a modem built in for remote programming this also needs answer phone defeat setting or everytime some one rings your number the modem will answer.

has the premier 24 got a comms 2400 or 300 on it ? if so set for answer phone defeat if not your speech dailer has a modem built in for remote programming this also needs answer phone defeat setting or everytime some one rings your number the modem will answer.

I think the premier 24 has both 2400 & 300, I am not sure what setting on the control panel operates the speech dialler is it the digi com / com 2400 / com 300 I am finding it very confusing.

I have spent ages on the net but I canot find any decent manuals / information to help me set this up.

hi have you fitted a plug on module on the premier 24 on the right hand side ? did you buy it as a premier 24 kit ? if so its a comm 2400 if not and theres no plug on module the modem noise is comming from the speech dialer. page 24 in booklet turn on answer phone defeat or set rings to 0 page 22. any other problems check my profile for email address. mark

hi have you fitted a plug on module on the premier 24 on the right hand side ? did you buy it as a premier 24 kit ? if so its a comm 2400 if not and theres no plug on module the modem noise is comming from the speech dialer. page 24 in booklet turn on answer phone defeat or set rings to 0 page 22. any other problems check my profile for email address. mark

I did buy it as a kit but there are no plug in modules in the control panel. I have wired in a separate texecom speech dialler which I have run the test menu and all works fine, but it won't talk to my control panel, however I have altered loads of settings in the panel outputs, comms outputs and digi udl. As explained earlier I set the alarm and received a message stating the alarm had been activiated, when I activate the alarm NOTHING HAPPENS.

I am sure it is wired in correctly but I have screwed the setting up? I have reviewed the manual but it does not give all the settings (i am using issue 2) is this correct. The texecom manual tells me nothing, I have spent ages trying to sort out settings information on the net but with no joy.

Check the polarity of the triggers.
Then make sure the dialler is set the same.

Easy test, use a hard neg to the dialler trigger 3.
See what happens.
If no luck, use a hard pos to trigger 3.

One will make it dial out, then adjust the panel/dialler to suit.

Check the polarity of the triggers.
Then make sure the dialler is set the same.

Easy test, use a hard neg to the dialler trigger 3.
See what happens.
If no luck, use a hard pos to trigger 3.

One will make it dial out, then adjust the panel/dialler to suit.

Sorry but could you explain what you main by hard negative / hard positive?

Remove the wire connected to input 3, then using a flying lead connect input 3 to +12V or 0V from the communicator supply.

Is the communicator powered from the panel? Is there a common ground if not?

I have had another play with this dialler, when I set the dialler to test mode and test inputs, and when I do a engineers test on panel outputs when I press the test button the dialler sees the input. So I would say that the wiring is correct.

Nearly every time I work on the speech dialler I have problems

It Crashes and will not accept engineer codes, resulting in me powering it down

When I try to do a test messages / texts it goes into record memo mode

I get weird text on the dialler

I cant get a dial code sometimes

It looses some settings

I have programmed this dialler loads of times, I am now beginning to think the unit is faulty?

As anyone else had similar problems?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back