Repressurising Saunier Duval Thema F23E

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just moved into an apartment which has one of the above boilers. While it is working fine and I am very happy, the pressure gauge is down at about 0.5bar rather than ~1.0bar as it should be.

Last place I lived in had a Potterton boiler that just had a valve on the front to repressurise it, is it this simple with my new boiler or if not, how is it done? :)

Sponsored Links
It is that simple for yours to; but I would put a bucket under it to catch all the water that p1sses out of this piece of Frenchman's feaces.

I'm sure Sauny released this one as a joke on the Brits...

Sponsored Links
Dan_Robinson said:
Dunno - my psychic powers only operate 08:30 to 17:00 Monday to Friday.

:rolleyes: ;)

at 50 quids per hour an all

I hate SD's

Sorry matey but you have a shed of a boiler

corgiman said:

I hate SD's

Fair enough. But I still want to know how to represurise it :evil:

imroberts said:
corgiman said:

I hate SD's

look for a silver hose connected to two taps

or do a search on "filling loops"

as Far as I can remember these heaps dont have an integral filling loops

corgiman said:
imroberts said:
corgiman said:

I hate SD's

look for a silver hose connected to two taps

or do a search on "filling loops"

as Far as I can remember these heaps dont have an integral filling loops
All the pipes underneath are solid except for one flexible silver hose... would this be the filling loop? I assumed it was the gas connector! :D

Dan_Robinson said:
So much for searching then ;)

CM £50; no tah... its £70+VAT.
I read the sticky on filling loops, pretty much matches my boiler except I only have a valve on one end of the flexible hose.

I opened this valve for what seemed like an age, and could hear water flowing, then it seemed to stop and the boiler started 'gurgling' so I turned the valve off again. This barely moved the pressure though :?: operated the heating for a few minutes but it still didn't really increase hugely. How long should I expect for the pressure to increase from ~0.5 bar to 1.0-1.5 bar?

Any suggestions before I call out a pro? :mad:

Dan_Robinson said:
Depending on the size of the system and the accuracy of the guage, quite a while.

Check that the safety pipe is not discharging outside.
By quite a while are we talking minutes?

I checked the boiler just now and the pressure seems to have dropped to 0.5 bar again... gauge is in exactly the same position as yesterday before I tried to refill it :confused:

I also hate these boilers!

They are the only model I really hate and thats partly as a result of the attitude of the company in charging installers 50p per minute for bad advice after a five minute wait ( costing £2.50 ) !

Having said that I do understand them pretty well.

It might take several minutes depending on the water supply pressure and the size of the system and the amount of air in the rads.

Tony

Agile said:
I also hate these boilers!

They are the only model I really hate and thats partly as a result of the attitude of the company in charging installers 50p per minute for bad advice after a five minute wait ( costing £2.50 ) !

Having said that I do understand them pretty well.

It might take several minutes depending on the water supply pressure and the size of the system and the amount of air in the rads.

Tony
Hmm, might give it another shot before I call someone out :) I certainly didn't leave it for several minutes and having bled the radiators since then there was an awful lot of air came out, so it might just have been me being impatient

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back