Request for advice on dealing with faulty motorised valve.

Cheers for the help.

Just had a proper look at things, and hooking the motor directly up to mains power reveals both the new and old one work fine :oops:

It looks like it is probably one of the microswitches burning out or something, so rather than mucking around will just go with buying a nice new Honeywell valve and replace the whole lot.

Darn, oh well - you learn by making mistakes I suppose :D

Ben.

Sponsored Links
Hi seco services! What makes you think it's the pcb at fault?
My understanding is that the pcb provides the lower rectified voltage for holding the valve at mid position. But the valve has to get to mid position before this takes effect, which is achieved by passing power (white wire) through one of the pair of contacts in the 1st microswitch.
In this problem valve never moves from HW.

pcb/micro switchs i just used that as a figure of speech meaning an issue in general.
as the average person won't both repairing that.

but then for someone that will repair it then yes we'd have to look deeper as in micro switch, diode, board cracked etc.

Sponsored Links
Hi seco services! What makes you think it's the pcb at fault?
My understanding is that the pcb provides the lower rectified voltage for holding the valve at mid position. But the valve has to get to mid position before this takes effect, which is achieved by passing power (white wire) through one of the pair of contacts in the 1st microswitch.
In this problem valve never moves from HW.

agreed
to check measure for 230 between white and neutral with ch selected and room stat turned up if proved then check for 230v on the motor itself if non present then microswitch at fault or (less likely) loose/bad connection on motor wiring

matt

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back