Required Fall for bath waste.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I`m stripping out my bathroom and doing a complete new instalation.
A whirlpool bath is being used which is deeper than the one that is coming out.This means that the trap is further into the space below floor board level and therefore the fall on the waste pipe has been reduced.The waste pipe runs above the floor level,will be boxed in,is in two lengths(1.5m`s from the trap,a 90 degree bend and then 1.7ms into the soil pipe)The entry hole /rubber seal below floor level and a pair of 90 degree bends are used.
What is the minimum amount of fall I can get away with on this pipe?
I can`t raise the bath any more due to the bath panel used and I need as much access as possible for the pump.(Its 500mm from floor level)
Malcolm

Sponsored Links
I think the official figure is something like 1 in 200 but in the real world so long as you have some fall it should be fine

90degree bend.......FFS use a swept bend ;)

Sponsored Links
Wouldn't want to go less than the "book" 1 in 40. Any pipe sag, bits of grot in there, and more grot will build up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back