Resistor Ladder calculation

As I mentioned before, for the purpose calculation or demonstration it makes absolutely difference if R7 is 10Ω in one leg or 5Ω in both legs. Further, at 50Hz the final results are unlikely to be incorrect either.

Sponsored Links
As I mentioned before, for the purpose calculation or demonstration it makes absolutely difference if R7 is 10Ω in one leg or 5Ω in both legs.
It doesn't, but it can be argued that if one is going to model something for demo purposes, one might as well model the actual situation, rather that something that is 'equivalent' to it.
Further, at 50Hz the final results are unlikely to be incorrect either.
Do you mean "correct" (rather than "incorrect")?

If, as has been implied, the 'resistors' all represent resistive elements, then I don't see why the answers should be any different with AC of any frequency - but, in any event, I don't think that is relevant to the exercise, is it?

Kind Regards, John

then I don't see why the answers should be any different with AC of any frequency
That would depend on the design/type of the resistors.
Hmmm - did you not read the first part of my sentence which you omitted in your quote of me, which said ..
If, as has been implied, the 'resistors' all represent resistive elements, then I don't see why the answers should be any different with AC of any frequency - but, in any event, I don't think that is relevant to the exercise, is it?
Do I take it that you are trying to be 'clever' by invoking resistors which do NOT "all represent resistive elements"?

Kind Regards, John

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Wire-wound resistors?
Quite - which is why I made it clear (or thought I had) that I was talking about resistors which were 'purely resistive' - i.e. not wire wound.

In any event, I very much doubt that you would easily find a wirewound resistor which had a significance reactance at 50Hz! - the usually have a small number of turns of relatively high resistance wire, hence very little inductance.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back