RESOLVED - Hotpoint FDW60G dishwasher filter fault

Sy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I've just plumbed my dishwasher in and unfortunately have run into a problem straight away. Following the instructions I've selected the 'Normal' program and hit start. Everything goes well as the machine begins to fill but then, I'm told by Hotpoint it's part of the cycle, a couple of minutes later it starts to drain. Then it all goes wrong. The Eco and Prewash, 3 & 5, lights start to flash and it just drains all the water out and stops.

According to the manual this is a blocked filter, which is odd seeing as it's brand new and was an empty test wash. I've checked the filter and it's clear, still rinsed it out though just in case.

I've rang Hotpoint and they couldn't help so are sending an engineer out but they have said that if it's not a machine fault, which I can't see how it could be anything else, I'll be charged a call out fee.

So I'm now looking for anything I can check/test to ensure that it is a machine fault. I remember reading about gravity with regard to plumbing, as you can tell I'm not a plumber. Could a lack of this cause this error? Only reason I ask is that the waste pipe is about 5 metres long.

Thanks for any help or advice and I'm sorry if I've not made a lot of sense, I'm struggling to explain this.

Sy

Sponsored Links
Well, Hotpoint have taken four months to *not* repair my machine, so I hope you have better luck than me.

I am sure that, as long as you have installed the machine according to instructions, you have a genuine fault.

I had exactly the same error code giving a 'blocked filter' failure after one of the Hotpoint Technicians installed what subsequently seemed to be the wrong control module. ( mine is not a FWD60 but an earlier Aquarius model )

Just in case you do not know, Hotpoint charges are, I believe, £80 for a call out which covers whatever is required to repair the machine............... but lets hope yours is mended under warranty.

Harvey

Hi Ingram,
Thanks for your reply. And thankfully I "fixed" it myself so have cancelled the engineer, and you're right they said it would cost £80 if it wasn't a machine fault :eek:.

But by fixing it I mean I gave it a bloody good kicking and shook it about out of pure frustration...and what would you know it now works perfectly :LOL:.

I'm now off to see if that approach will "fix" everything else that needs repairing ;)

Sy

When my hotpoint has the flashing lights, it is a blocked filter. THe first time it was underwarranty & it was a chicken bone, I never got charged & the engineer showed me how its possible to move the pump impeller with a scwerdriver, which can release small blockages, it didnt on mine so I saw how to remove the pump. Very easy job.

Sponsored Links
Hi Ingram,

But by fixing it I mean I gave it a b****y good kicking and shook it about out of pure frustration...and what would you know it now works perfectly :LOL:.

Sy

Thanks for the feedback Sy; Maybe I should take that aproach with the next Hotpoint technician through my door....hmmmmmm :)

Harvey

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back